1. Who is responsible for managing my information?
This is the privacy notice of Redhouse Farm Partners. In this document, "we", "our", or "us" refer to Redhouse Farm Partners
The partners are Andrew & Carol Clay and Newtimber Estate Ltd
Our address is Newtimber Place, Newtimber Place Lane, Newtimber, Hassocks, West Sussex BN6 9BU
Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
2. What information do we collect?
In order to provide you with the best possible holiday, we may collect the following information when you book or enquire about booking with us:
Contact details:postal address, phone numbers, email addresses.
Bookings:property booked, holiday start/end dates, cost of holiday, amounts paid, limited details of other people booked on the same holiday
Marketing preferences:whether you wish to receive marketing information from us, and if so, by which methods (postal, email, telephone, SMS).
Payment:method, the last four digits of card numbers, payment card expiry date, amounts collected, third party payment service provider references. Please note that we do not capture or store your full card details: payment is handled by our payment service providers (see below).
Browsing:historical searches, how you use our website and mobile apps, the devices and IP addresses you use to access our services (operating system, browser, …). We collect this information so that we can continuously improve our website and our service to you.
Communication:emails, phone calls, post
We also may use the internet to search for publicly available data about you and things you have posted.
3. How do we use your information?
We use your personal information to:
- Manage your holiday booking
- Detect and prevent fraud or abuse of our services
- Communicate with you, including for example, responding to your emails, messages on social media, handling customer service matters and so on
- Process your payments
4. On what legal basis will we process your information?
We will always process your personal information on lawful grounds and in particular on the grounds set out below:-
Performance of a Contract
Much of the time, our use of your data will be because of the contract between us – that is, in relation to your holiday booking.
We may use your name and contact details to tell you about our things which we think may be of interest to you whilst you are staying with us. You can ask us to stop doing so at any time.
We also may use your details for fraud and crime prevention.
We may ask your consent to receive marketing information when you place a booking with us. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
We are under certain binding legal obligations, such as accounting to the government for tax and making financial records available for audit. We retain data for six years following the end of the tax year in which you took your holiday.
5. Who will you share my information with?
In order to provide you with the use of a holiday cottage we may share your information with:
- Our cleaners and housekeepers
- Our insurers in the event of an insurance claim
- Our booking system provider SuperControl Ltd or Beds24 (MPK Systems Ltd)
- Our accountants, the taxman, and anyone whom we legally have to
- UpFront Reviews so you can review your stay with us.
- Others where it would be in your vital interests.
We may also disclose your personal data without your permission in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights
6. How do you manage my information?
Your data is kept securely on password protected devices. We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us.
Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done so using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser’s URL bar or toolbar.
Paper records are kept securely in our home.
We use a UK based email provider, but we also backup your emails on Apple tablets/computers/phones. This data may then be backed-up by Apple which is based in the US, and Google which is also based in US.
7. Updating Your Details?
To obtain a copy or update any information that we hold, please email or write to us.
8. How long will we hold your information for?
We retain data for six years following the end of the tax year in which you took your holiday.
9. Your rights
You have the right to ask us at any time:-
- to confirm whether we hold any of your personal data;
- to send you a copy of any personal data that we hold about you;
- to correct any inaccuracies in your personal data and to add relevant details where the personal data we hold is incomplete;
- to delete (to the extent possible) any of your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
- to stop processing your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
- to let you have a portable copy of the personal data we hold about you, where we are required by law to do so;
- to stop processing any of your personal data that we process on the basis of our legitimate interests; and
- to stop sending you marketing material.
- Where we have reached a decision that affects you by processing your personal data automatically then you have the right to speak to someone to discuss that decision.
We do not use your personal data for the purpose of profiling.
Where we process your personal data on the basis that you have given us your consent to do so then you may contact us at any time to withdraw your consent
- If a dispute is not settled then we hope you will agree to attempt to resolve it by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation or arbitration.
- If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office. This can be done at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
10. Does the notice apply to linked websites?
Our websites contain links to other websites. This privacy notice only applies to this website so when you link to other websites you should read their own privacy policies.
11. How do we update this privacy notice?
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on our webpage.
Dated: February 2020